Saturday, June 8, 2013

Leaving Monteverde

My heart is in a sad place this morning as I travel back to San Jose and leave my amazing host family in Santa Elena. I have experienced so much while living with the Badilla Corrales family. Before I would sit in the same room as my family but I would have my nose in some form of technology. Now I really appreciate the 'how was your day?' at the end of each day and the warmth that comes from having dinner all together around the table. Granted, we did still have the tv on in the background every night. This family treated me as part of their family. The little girls were always so full of questions. This sometimes made my Spanish homework difficult because one of the little girls always wanted me to read everything in my book. Problem by problem. As I packed up my things last night, the little girls came in my room and it broke my heart to be leaving them. I have a new found appreciation for communication that I did not have before this trip and I hope that I can remain in contact with this new branch of my bizarre family tree of family, friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment