Monday, June 3, 2013

Wow. Last Monday.

I can hardly believe that today marks the last Monday that I will be in Costa Rica. It feels like the time has just flown by. I am ready to see everyone but I also don't want to leave my new family here. I have come to love this place, with it's bugs and huge hills and random downpours of rain. I am sitting now outside of the meeting point and I am super early because my mama tica needed to go pick up Mariam and Mariel from school. I find myself sitting here reflecting the time that I've spent being negative and wondering why I wasted my energy. I am going to have students who will go through the same frustrations that I felt and they aren't going to be able to just go back home to their comfort zone after three weeks.

I am sitting here, just listening to all of the amazing animals that live here the same way that pigeons and sea gulls live at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment