Sunday, June 9, 2013

Time Flies


They say that time flies when you're having fun. But I am here to say that time flies when you are scared, frustrated, uncomfortable, nervous, and uncertain as well. These three weeks have been a roller coaster.

I am laying here in the same hotel that I started this learning experience in and I feel like I am a totally different person with a brand new perspective on life. I have been pushed and pulled to the ends of my comfort zone and I survived. Before this trip, I would have never zip lined.
But I did it.

Before this trip, I was unsure about trying new foods. I always picked the same thing and always returned to the same restaurants.
But I tried everything that was placed in front of me.

One of the biggest learning experiences for me was when we went to Life Monteverde. 

Life Monteverde is a farm that focuses on being sustainable. We worked on the farm by helping them to clear space to plant corn and beans. It really showed me the importance of a hard days work and after seeing all the ways that they are working to be sustainable, like reusing methane gas from the pigs in the kitchen, it really makes me rethink the things I do and the things I use and just toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment