Monday, May 20, 2013

Fin de Semena Una

Today I had my first clase de espanol. That was quite an experience, but before I talk about that, I need to talk about the past few days. First off, they have been AMAZINGG! Costa Rica is such a wonderful place that is booming with culture!

First, on Saturday we went to La Paz. Words cannot do this place justice.



There were so many animals and plants that just took my breath away. You can clearly see this while I'm holding a TOUCAN!! I never thought I would be able to say those words. The butterflies were amazing and the cats were stunning. I have never seen an animal as large and close up as I did with a jaguar. There were three waterfalls that we saw and each one was more spectacular than the one before. Everything is so green here. I can't stop just staring at everything. 

On Sunday, we packed up all of our stuff and hopped into a bus to drive to Poas Volcano. As you can see, we hiked up to 2574 meters above sea level. Then we hiked even higher. I have never felt so winded. The altitude really gets to you while simply walking and we saw a few people who had bikes. I had never really smelt pure sulfur before, and I really don't want to again.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment