Friday, May 31, 2013

End of week two

Wow I find it hard to believe that I have now been in Costa Rica for two full weeks now. I have been exposed to so much that I would have never dreamed about experiencing.

Unfortunately this week I have been feeling under the weather but I am feeling like I am on the mend. I have been using more and more Spanish with my tica family and I am feeling more confident when I speak and hopefully it's less broken Spanish and more complete sentences. All this week I have felt the homesick part of the trip. I think part of that has been actually being sick. But it has been so nice to come home to such a warm and inviting family. (Also the Disney movies don't hurt either, even if they are in Spanish.) I am learning so much from this experience about enduring and pushing through the hard parts. Every morning this week after eating breakfast with my mama tica, and sometimes my papa Tico, I get to hike, literally hike, up a huge hill to meet up with people and then we get to continue to hike together to get to our meeting point. I never really thought about the troubles of not having a car. On the first day, my papa Tico walked me up and was telling me about how he walks up that hill all the time. I didn't even want to think about doing it for another two weeks. It showed me what I chose to ignore, the fact that others are not always as privileged as I am, and all things considered, I am very privileged. This week has really pushed me to my limits more than last week. I keep pushing forward and reminding myself that I'm stressing over the little things and that it doesn't hurt to stop and breathe an enjoy the ride.
Until next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment