Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mi Tico Family en Monteverde

I am now living in Monteverde for two weeks. I am really enjoying my family, they are so sweet and the little girls are adorable. I am not enjoying the massive hills everywhere.

This will definitely be a learning experience though. I don't usually think about how people travel without easy access to cars and such like we have in the states. It is really making me reflect and think about what I have and how sometimes I take it for granted.

My first morning with my family was so cute. The little girls had me color with them as we waited for breakfast. I am really going to enjoy working on communicating with children who don't speak English as their primary language. I really think that this host family experience will help me build confidence in talking with the children where my first host family allowed me to become more familiar with speaking with adults who don't understand English.

Hope to post again soon.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment